Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Paper but not a card

I made this rosette wreath with pages from an old book.  I found the tutorial for this HERE.  And I love it…but it took for eva to make!  But I don’t mind keeping my hands busy while watching TV. So 1 old book and a lot of glue sticks later I have this sweet wreath hanging on my door.  And as you can tell my my blog title, I’m a HUGE Jane Austen Fan so the Silhouette is to do with that obsession. Also I added a bit of color with some Martha Stewart punch butterflies. 
I like that I can change the colors on this pretty easily and give it a different look later on. I’ll post pics when I get to that. But for now, I’m lovin it the way it is.
Thanks for taking a look!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

Tidy Mom

14 comments:

Loz said...

oh wow, this is awesome! just don't let the rain get it! I love those rosettes and they must have taken ages.. well worth it ♥

Stacy H-W said...

I totally love your wreath! GORGEOUS!!! I bet it took a LONG TIME to make. But totally worth the effort!

Anonymous said...

Wow - very nice wreath - I'm heading over to the tutorial now..

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so pretty Jacilynn, love it!

Love your blog header too!!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, Jacilynn!! This is impressive and soooo gorgeous!!! I can imagine this makes you happy everytime you enter the door!! Love it!
Hugs, Wendy

Kelly Massman said...

Very cute!!! Love it!

Colette said...

Oh wow this is stunning,

Colette x.

Christine said...

Your wreath is beautiful Jacilynn. I love how you added the bits of color and the Jane silhouette really completes it.

Kristi said...

What a fabulous idea! This is so adorable!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Jacilynn.

Hugs Riet.xx

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

it turned out fabulous! I know how long they take to make and how many glue sticks ;)

yours is lovely and I love the silhouette too!

thanks for posting and linking ;)

Carisa said...

oh my GAWD - this is insane-ly gorgeous!!! i absolutely LOVE it :D I don't know if I have the patience but I do love the pretty decor....oh the dilemma!

Juls said...

wow!! thats just amazing!! Hugs Juls

Shazza said...

this is amazing x