Friday, February 17, 2012

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

  Ever since I saw a cluster of the alphabet in Pottery Barn’s magazine I’ve wanted to do my own version.  Fast forward a couple of years and I finally got around to doing this project.  We recently rearranged bedrooms in our house so this left me freshly painted walls to decorate. I knew this project could get spendy so first, I looked around the house and had a few of these letters, the “J” was a decoration from my craft table.  I also picked up some of the lesser used letters (Q, V, X, Z) on clearance for $.60.  Every little bit helps, right?
002T
hen I had to dig in my stash and find some really fun printed papers.  Most of these happen to be October Afternoon papers…one of my favorite paper companies!  I used Modge Podge to adhere the paper to the letter.  I painted the rest of the letters and made a few of them special. The “Z” is chalk board paint and the “R” has Viva Decor Pearls on it.
I really like the way this project turned out and the kids love it too.  My mini 2 year old munchkin points and starts singing the alphabet when she sees this. 
Have you recently finished a project that you love? I’d love to hear about it.

I Heart Nap Time
Fun Stuff Fridays

10 comments:

Denece said...

Super cute!

Deb said...

great idea, going to be decorating again soon, might try this out!
Debxx

Penni said...

Wow these are fabulous. What a great idea - I want some now too!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

Wendy ten Hove said...

This looks cool, Jacilynn! And perfect for your little ome as well! :-D
I was laughing about the title of your post! Fun!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs, Wendy

Jenny@NorthwestLovelies said...

It looks amazing!! I'm working on one right now and am definitely finding that buying letters is expensive! Great tip to look for clearance letters! :)

Shelley said...

Jacilynn,
I have been sending you emails abt a DT call...please check! I saw you just left a comment at my blog so taking the chance you are still online. :)
Shelley

Jackie said...

These are all so cute! I love the look of letters on the wall. I'm going to have to go hunt some down now!

Unknown said...

Right on! This is awesome. I love the mix of colours and how you covered some of the letters with paper. Well done!

Lindsi B said...

What a super collection of letters! They all turned out fantastic! I'd love to have you share this with our readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays link up! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/fun-stuff-fridays-11.html

Classy Clutter said...

How adorable!!

I would love if you'd link this up to my new linky party!!

http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-spotlight-3.html

Happy Crafting, Mallory @ Classy Clutter