Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Crafty Kids

Today my kiddies got a little crafty.  They love to be in my craft room with me and make cards. They have a container with all their own stamps, punches, dies, markers and embellishments.  I tend to try to “direct” them when they are creating, but today I let loose and let them craft their hearts desire.  I’m sure it is much more fun for them without Mom saying “why don’t you put that here.” or “don’t use so much Stickles, It won’t dry.” LOL

Here is Gianna’s card. She is 6 and a little budding artist. I love that she decided to draw her own image on this card.

And this one where she stamped the smiley head and drew the rest of the body is so clever. And what card is complete without a fresh picked dandelion to go on it? :)

Here is the little man’s card. He is 4 years old and loves to make stuff too.  He colored a The Paper Shelter Image I printed out for him.  He got technical with the quad fold. :)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. We are entering these into Simon Says Stamp’s Kid Challenge

6 comments:

Danni said...

Ohhh, a new blog header! Looks good!
Very cute cards! Your kiddos did great!

Amy said...

Your daughter and son are so creative, these cards are awesome! I love the quad fold your son did and the star embellishemnts are the perfect touch!
Looks like your daughter will be making her own stamps before too long, her drawing is fantastic, and I love that she isn't afraid of using bright colors, I can relate to that! These are wonderful! :)

Wendy ten Hove said...

They are talented! Love the bright and fun colors and the stars!! Great!!
Hugs, Wendy

Tara Godfrey said...

Such Fabulous art work from your kids, Jacilynn! I love all the cards....so creative! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards :-) fabulous drawing and colouring and I love the freshly picked wildflower ,, very original :-) Love the multifold design too ! Your children are obviously taking after their arty Mum :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Marilyn said...

So cute & what a great way to spend an afternoon with kids! I do the same with my grandkids & they love making cards... oh yeah, they also love the stickles! Kids do love glitter.