Saturday, January 24, 2009

Non traditional Colors

Don't you love to use non-traditional colors every once in a while on a card? I recently made a card using this Sugar Nellie "Dressing Up Maggie" in all pink (my favorite color). I decided to mix it up a little and color this little darling in orange. I used this Heidi Grace Ribbon set I bought (really I got it for free using my "free hot spot item" coupon) from Archivers in the $1.99 Hot Spot section. There were 6 different coordinating ribbons.

I wanted to enter The Sugar Bowl Challenge which is to use 3 different DP & 3 embellishments. It's hard to see but the card base has a checkered design on it, that's my 3rd. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Bev said...

Wonderful card, the colours are fab!

hugs Bev x

Gayle said...

Hi Jacilynn
What a delicious creation!
I do love to give myself a change occasionally too!
Thanks so much for joining the second challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
You really are too sweet!
Sugar Mama x

LINDA said...

Hi Jacilynn, I just love this!! The colors are just perfect!!! And the image is just adorable. Havent played with mine yet..

Lilian said...

Hi, I think your colors are awesome! It's great to break away from the usual colors we use once in awhile - refreshing :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

LINDA said...

Hi its me again.. I just wanted to let you know that I challenged you to a fun photo challenge. You can read about it on my blog..

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Becky said...

What a wonderful bright card Jacilynn, thanks for using our sketch for your card.
Love Becky xx

Kathy said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors ~ good to see a change :)
Also your image is adorable and so beautifully colored!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge:)Kathy

aardvarkpest said...

Great card. Love the colours.

Glenda

Chrissie said...

Love what you've done with the sketch and those colours look fab!
Thanks for joining in.